30 April 2010
Top Ten Reasons to Enroll Your Child/Youth
(10) Active kids experience less anxiety and depression and are happier overall.
(9) One out of three American kids are overweight or obese. Running/walking and other exercise helps kids achieve and maintain a healthy body weight.
(8) Kids who exercise develop stronger muscles, bones, and joints and are more physically fit overall.
(7) Kids who are regularly active prevent or delay the onset of heart disease, diabetes, hypertension, and other health problems.
(6) Physically active kids tend to become more involved in school and related activities and perform better academically.
(5) Kids who exercise have greater self-esteem, self-confidence, and better body images.
(4) Kids who exercise are likely to continue good health/fitness habits as adults.
(3) Exercise helps in the development of interpersonal skills, especially for kids who are involved in a group/team/club setting.
(2) Not all kids are adept at or enjoy the competitive nature of team sports. Running/fitness clubs have all the physical and interpersonal benefits of team sports without the pressure. Kids can set and pursue their own goals and develop at their own pace.
(1) Fitness is fun! Your child/youth will have a blast with the Yorktown Roadrunners... and feel great, too!